Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can you fetch the file transfer stats from the Send/Receive File windo

Status
Not open for further replies.

tknight

Technical User
Sep 29, 2002
US
Aspecters,

When you send/transfer a file there are several bits of information updated during the actual transfer in the Zmodem window. Byte count, transfer status, Bytes/second, time remaining, batch remaining. I’m testing some specific networks for dial up data. At this time, depending on chip set of the modem I’ll use ATI11 or AT#UD after the modem has hung up. The transfer status is of primary interest. Thank you.

Tracey Knight

Hi Tracey, unfortunately most of that information is not available outside of the transfer dialog. You can get the status of the transfer by checking the $XFERSTATUS system variable. Below is a link to a script on my site that shows how to do this:

You might also be able to capture some of this information for later analysis to Procomm's Connection Log (via the File | Connection Log menu item). To do that, you would have to select the Options | System Options | System Options menu item and check both the Connection logging and Write status line messages to Connection Log checkboxes. It's been a while since I've worked with the log, so I'm not certain how detailed the information you get there will be, other than file transfer started and file transfer ended (with timestamps I think).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back