Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can you edit the Nfuse error messages? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

lostexchange

Technical User
Jun 6, 2002
GB
Hi, We are playing around with our Load Evaluators to ensure that we dont go over our license limit for a published application. The error message users get once all licenses have been used is: "The metaframe server farm has reported an unspecified error". Is there any way of editing this error message to be more helpful to the user?
We have nfuse17 on Citrix Xp2 Farm on Windows 2000 servers.

you will find the NFuse error messages in the file NFuseErrorsResource.properties. The location of the file is \Program Files\Citrix\NFuse

Thanks! That worked. Just needed to restart IIS afterwards and the message was updated!

Well now its got more complicated. I wanted it to give an error when they had exceded the max amount of users for a database - I set the Load Evaluator and edited the NFuseErrorsResource.properties file to read "you have exceded your license count..." but now if the metaframe server is unavailable or any other error they get the same error - "you have exceded your license count...". It appears to be a generic error I edited. So if anyone knows how to tailor your error messages I'd love to hear about it but for now I think I should change the error to something like "call the helpdesk on ****")

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back