Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can you edit Subject in Voicemail Email in 3.1 or 3.2? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajwittenbrink

IS-IT--Management
Oct 23, 2005
US
I have read previous posts, in that you can edit the voicemail subject for VMPro Email notifications, but only in versions below 3.0.

Is there anyway to edit the subject in the email? I have tried to edit it in the registry, but with no success.

I would like the external call-in number to retrive messages appear in the email header, for our sales staff. Onthier Smartphones, it allows them to dial directly from the message link it creates.

Thanks.

Well, yes and no is the answer.

In the 3.2 release notes it mentions the ability to adjust the appearance of the emails via the Registry. This is the first time that it's actually been mentioned in print but it has always been there prior to 3.2.

However, I have tried numerous times on 2.1, 3.0 & 3.1 but it never actually worked. I have spoken to others who have also tried on 3.2 and it still doesn't work.

But, I always use SMTP as everyone else I know does as it's really easy to set up. A colleague had a thought that it might only work when using MAPI but I've never got around to testing it.

You can try using MAPI and see if it works but don't hold your breath!

This is supposed to be fixed in either the September maint fix (due on Oct 13) or the November maint fix.
Mike

Does anyone every wonder if Avaya test things on the IP Office before putting it in writing that it works?

Well, we have stop wondering and just assume it doesn't work until we tried it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back