Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can you duplicate Incoming Call Treatment Tables?

Status
Not open for further replies.

dgsmith80

MIS
May 3, 2007
GB

Hello All,

I have 2 x SIP Trunks for my Avaya ACM Duplex Core, and I have a LARGE number of translations for each of the DDI numbers coming into the SIP Trunk.

I have just input over 200 entries into one of the trunk groups, but they need to be duplicated as they are resilient trunks, is there an easy way to do this as I really don't fancy sitting and typing out 200 entries AGAIN, it was painful enough the first time.

Looking forward to your response

Yours hopefully.

Dave

export using ASA then change file to other trunk-group, then import

A great teacher, does not provide answers, but methods to teach others "How and where to find the answers"

bsh

40 years Bell, AT&T, Lucent, Avaya
Tier 3 for 30 years and counting
[URL unfurl="true"]http://bshtele.com[/url]

Can anyone give me some steer on exporting this data from ASA as when I do it, it ends up all in one long row rather than running down in coloums

It looks like this

tie tie tie tie tie 5 5 5 5 5 101 102 103 104 105 5 5 5 5 911 912 913 914 915

instead of

tie 5 101 5 911
tie 5 102 5 912
tie 5 103 5 913
tie 5 104 5 914
tie 5 105 5 915

Values above are just for example by the way ;)

Thanks in advance.

export and import use the data in the format you see. It works.
You could also take the export data and reformat it for other use (easier to read) but, then you could
not import from that reformatted data

A great teacher, does not provide answers, but methods to teach others "How and where to find the answers"

bsh

Hi BSH,

Sadly this is not working for me. I am trying to export Trunk 600 and Import it into Trunk 601 but when I goto Import and select the exported file all it does is show Trunk 600 in the first line and that's it ! none of the other information is coming across.

If I open the text file in notepad I can see all the information is included inside the file, so what am I doing wrong?

When I run the export I choose "inc-call-handling-trmt" from the Object dropdown, then I choose Export to File and I add a filter with Field as "Trunk Number" and Value as "600". Then I choose all of the fields available to export, and export with all the standard settings using , for the field delimeter and " as the text qualifier.

I've tried with and without the titles included and neither way around works - Help me. I have over 400 entries now and I really can't sit and manually type them in :(

If anyone has managed to do this I would REALLY appreciate some help I need to complete this work by the end of today and if I don't get any progress soon I'm going to have to type them all manually :( #sadpanda.

I'm so purplexed - The import wizard shows the sample data working Ok, but when I import I get only some of it.

It seems to populate only the Trunk Number but none of the other information, however if I click the little arrow when you hover over say
Service/Feature it pops a box up with the information showing in there!

I've attached some screenshots to help.

you just need to export to file put the fields on the first page you require , move everything across on the second page , export to file , change from text to .csv and done.

Then select import open your file with the folder icon , tick the two boxes check the data and import ...don't see where you are going wrong .

APSS (SME)
ACSS (SME)
ACIS (UC)

Did you figure it out? Contact me for a quick lesson if you did not.

bsh

Code:
Export Data Filter
use pulldown and select inc-call-handling-trmt
exporting without filling in Filter box will export all icht for all
trunk-groups (isdn, sip)
Make sure you are going to export and import to same trunk-group types with same
service types.

Filter:
Field
mouse to select top left Field Box, then pulldown, select Trunk Number
mouse to select top right Value Box, enter trunk-group number for data export
I used trunk-group "1". I want to export this data so it can later
be imported into icht for trunk-group 11 and icht for trunk-group 21
Next Icon>
>> Icon
Next Icon>
... Icon and save file
"export_inc-call-handling-trmt.txt" (NOTE or change folder where file saved)
Next Icon>
Next Icon>
Finish Icon
# Done with export
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
# Open file "export_inc-call-handling-trmt.txt" with editor or Microsoft excel
# I changed trunk number 1 to 11 then copied and pasted to new line. Now 2 lines
# with trunk number 11. Change second line with 11 to 21 and save.

Line one may have headers and that is okay if this is what you exported.
Modify file trunk number to be trunk number for import (ie 11)
copy line, paste line
Modify file trunk number to be trunk number for import (ie 21)
save or save as to icht_tg1_to_11+21.csv
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
ASA
Advanced Tab
Import Data button
Select an object:
use pulldown and select inc-call-handling-trmt
OK Icon
OK Icon
Click the Open Folder Icon top left of New Import Data window.
Scroll to folder where you saved "export_inc-call-handling-trmt.txt"
Files of type: use pulldown to choose Comma-Separated Values (*.csv)
Select "icht_tg1_to_11+21.csv"
Open Icon

File Import Box opens
bottom left
put checks in both boxes if you exported header info in the the export file
1. First line has column headings/Synchronize column headins
2. Ignore first line in file
OK Icon

New Import Data
Save Icon top left of this window (picture of floppy disk)
Lightning Bolt Icon

Schedule tab should show State Complete 2 objects changed, 0 failed

Command: list history should show an entry for each bulk change import

list history                                                           Page   1

HISTORY
          Date of Loaded Translation: 6:20am Tue Oct 28, 2014

Date  Time Port      Login    Actn Object       Qualifier

10/28 12:54 MAINT     dadmin   cha  inc-call-han trunk-group 11
10/28 12:54 MAINT     dadmin   cha  inc-call-han trunk-group 21

bsh

follow the above instructions but there are extremly good help files embedded in asa that basically run you through the process , test on a non important trunk group....mkae a tset group ....just out of interest can you export to a .csv and see the info you require ??

APSS (SME)
ACSS (SME)
ACIS (UC)

Thanks for the responses all especially the detailed run-through from you bsh.

In the end I ran a report for the call treatment table and exported it into Excel then I copied and pasted from Excel into the ASA change inc trunk window 18 lines at a time. It was a bit fiddly but much much quicker than line by line.

I will try the process above on Monday when I am next back in the office and can try in my lab.

Thanks anyway gang ;)

NO bother ......, but running the report is the wrong way ....hey if its working (kind of great) but as BSH has given you the instructions for the export facility im really really surprised its not working .... one thing it could be a buggy release of ASA what version of CM and what ASA GA &SP are you using ???

APSS (SME)
ACSS (SME)
ACIS (UC)

Smith, did this work for you?

bsh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back