Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can you download mp3 files into a BCM50 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

HighWireChick

Programmer
Apr 4, 2005
US
Hey you smart guys, I've got a question I'm hoping ya'll might be able to help me out with.

I have a customer that just ordered a BCM 50...apparently someone at Nortel told this customer that they would be able to download mp3 files into the BCM50 for the MOH.

My tech's are telling me that there are 3 ways to hook MOH up on a BCM50, but all of which are external. However, you can download mp3 files into the BCM 200 or 400.

If any of you know anyway this could be done, I'd greatly appreciate it. My customer is screaming at me because the vendor told them one thing and the installer is telling them differently.

Thanks!

IP Music on hold is not supported in BCM 50 release 1. It may be added in the future, but not in todays world.

On the BCM 200/400, you can't upload MP3 files directly - they need to be converted to WAV format first, and need to be fairly small (5MB or less I believe).

Wow, thank you for the quick response biv343......I know where to come next time I'm stressin and need some answers!

My customer is screaming at me because the vendor told them one thing and the installer is telling them differently. "

Isn't that the way it always goes..?

Pretty much yeah.....but in this particular case that is the main reason the customer chose the BCM 50, because he thought he could do it.
I hate "yes" sales people. They make my job so much harder :-(

If it weren't for those "yes" sales people our jobs would be boring. ;-)
I heard from a reliable source that the 50 would be able to download music from the web in release 2. Unfotunately, I haven't heard when rel 2 is coming out.

You're right about that!
That's some good info....be sure to pass it along to my guys, thank you :)

I know you can load wav files in the BCM50 for greetings, but I have not heard about any MOH items... Hope that release 2 irons out a few items!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back