Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can you dial 10 digits privately, with area code and prefix? Software dialer needs 10 digits 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

techdgrubbs

Technical User
Nov 25, 2020
US
Hi All, our Hospital just got on board with Halo, which is supposed to be a super duper secure messaging platform, however, they are not a PBX. Their software only wants 10 digits to be able to dial users, even though we're using the spectralink 9540 phones, which works just fine on Avaya on their native bizphone dialer, and a 4 digit ext.

We can't provide 300 DID numbers like they wanted, which seems totally crazy to me. no one has 10,000 did numbers? lol! I was trying to think how to trick it to dial all 10 extensions, and yet, only recognize 4 digits, or our internal numbers. Would this be a private numbering table in avaya? Or is there some other way?

I know this is a shot in the dark.

That's doable.

What are you saying? This Halo thing is trunked to you how? And to call those users you need to send them 10 digits. Is that correct?

Hey Kyle555, There's no trunking at all that I can am aware of. The extensions are built in Avaya, and work when dialed as 4 digits. But, Correct, the HALO software is trying to send 10 digits, and can't be modified.

There's a way to do whatever it is you're trying to do.

So let's say they're SIP phones to SM that register as 4 digit extensions.

You're saying that those phones can be called but can't call out because they always forcibly send 10 digits.

Is that right?

Can they dial 1234 but have their system have a prefix of 555-555 so you receive 555-555-1234 and route that to your real extension 1234?

Is that workable for you?

Correct, they can call out, but cannot call out because the software is forcibly making them send 10 digits.

So, if they dial 555-555-1234, it needs to route to 1234. How is that possible?

Does the Biz phone have any dialing rules of its own , such that it can insert ars?

you could set your ars digit manapultation table to strip 6 thus leaving internal calls as internal

Hmm, I looked up the ARS table, that sounds like a doable possibility. We wouldn't be using the Biz Phone, only the HALO dialer software, which is a third party dialer software.

I mean you to say "they can be called as 4 digit because they're 4 digit extensions but they cannot call out because the software is forcibly making them send 10 digits".

If you're saying those devices can only call other users on the system via 10 digits, here's something you might do:
change dialplan analysis and add an entry for 5555 with length 10 and make it udp
change uniform 0 and add an entry for 555-555, delete 6, insert nothing, and the net is ext

That means when CM receives a 10 digit number that begins with 555-555, it's going to drop the leading 6 digits and route it to the extension table.

Is that kind of what you're looking for?

Also, don't make changes if you don't know what you're doing :)

The biggest issuie your going to have is ars access code, if you caint set the halo dialer app to automaticaly insert your going to have to work around that somehow

So assuming ars is 9.......make dialer call everything via 999999xxxx.

ch ars digit-conversion. Make an entry 99999 MIN-9 MAX-9 DEL-5 NET-ext

-CL

Prob smarter to use aar instead of ars though.

-CL

Personally, I'd tell them to take their crappy software back to the developers. That said, there are so many ways to make this work but keep in mind, by dialing only 10 digits you would have numerous issues with international calling. 850xxxxxxx could be either Florida(area code 850) or North Korea (country code 850).

For sip endpoints, manipulating the destination number is easily done on the adaptation going to CM. Add 91 and make all calls ARS except calls to users where you configure your station extension ranges to strip off digits and leave just the last 4. ARS/AAR digit conversion is another place you can make modifications. I would suggest keeping it in the SM if at all possible. Very easy to diagnose with traceSM.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back