Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can you detect remote logon

Status
Not open for further replies.

KKit

Technical User
Jun 13, 2007
CA
I have a client that I wrote a timecard "clock in/clock out" type of application in Access (both front and back end). Basically, the employees "clock in" when their get to their desk, and "clock out" when they leave for the day.

However, because my client has remote logons set up (through PC anywhere), what they are having issues with is that the employees will actually go home, and then logon to their computer, and then "clock out" of the program. Thus, they are being paid for hours that they are not working.

My client would like me to stop the ability to "clock in/clock out" when they are logged on remotely.

Anybody have an idea how I would do that?

Hi KKit,

I don't have pcAnywhere installed right now, and it's a time ago that I worked with the program, but if I remember correctly some key-strokes (Shift?, Alt?, Ctr?, a combination of one of these three?) do not transfer with pcAnywhere. If you can find out which strokes, you can connect those strokes with the clocking-in/out actions in your app, and then those actions cannot be performed with pcAnywhere anymore.

Not sure it works, but you might give it a try.

Have you seen this?

thread329-1379638

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back