Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can you change dial by name to accept both first or last?

Status
Not open for further replies.

newbie863

Technical User
Mar 23, 2009
US
I know I can dial by name - last name then first name BUT is there a way to allow both choices ? Incase I don't know the person's last name...

but if you wanted to trick the system, enter the last name as the first name and vice versa.

Then replace the system prompts with a custom message saying to press whatever option and then spell the first name then last name.

but the textbook answer is still NO, but you can fool the Call Pilot sometimes, it's not that smart.

John

Dosen't the dial by name use the directory? Then in the config of the CP properties you can change the directory to first, last or both. I would think it would work the same.

Where would I find sys admin ? Is it within CallPilot Manager (thought I checked everything here) or is it thru config wizard? I would love to make this work for my client.
thanks in advance

not sure thru manager,but in feature 983 press 2 or 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back