Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can you block extension to extension calling on an M I CS

Status
Not open for further replies.

ddeberry

Vendor
Oct 2, 2003
US
Is it possible to block extension to extension calling on an MICS 7.1?

No

Slap them on the wrist and tell them to behave.

=----(((((((((()----=

small-logo-sig.png

Toronto Canada

Maybe if you program a set to be hotline then the set will ring somewhere based on what you have programmed so it will be not possible to ring other users.
Also if you program price line a physical line then the set will get dialtone from the trunk when lifting the handset.

nikos

Thanks....I did not think it was possible but had to ask anyway. I've never been asked to try to block an extension in the years I've been programming. Thanks again for your research and input.

what would happen if you programmed a DN with 0 intercoms?

----------------------------
40: Hill?? What hill??
I didn't see any $%@#(*$ Hill!!
50: who put this $%@#(*$ Hill Here??
----------------------------
JerryReeve
Telecommunication Technology Services

If you program a DN with 0 intercoms and try to dial that DN, it will ring busy. So you can deny access via intercom.

These are analog resident room phones and must be able to dial within the facility. I had already given that one a thought but was rejected. They are also on a PRI so the absence of D/T would create issues as well. Thanks for the response. We are just going to wait until that resident moves out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back