Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can you attach an email message to an outgoing email

Status
Not open for further replies.

flyersix

MIS
Jun 14, 2001
US
I have an user who would like to attach an email he recieved into a message that he is sending out. He wants to do this as a method of showing supporting documentation for his email.

I told him I've never heard of this. I told him he could cut and paste into a text doc and attach that. Or that he could just forward the message.

Has anyone ever seen or heard of attaching an email to an email. The user claims to have done this from Outlook at a previous employer. We are running Groupwise 6.

As always any help is greatly appreciated.

flyersix

Groupwise supports drag&drop when making attachments. Just size the new message window so that you can see your inbox, select the message or messages, and drag them onto the new message.

However, if your trying to do this with web mail, you can only "forward" a message, or use your idea of copy to a word processor.

BestofLuck
Peter
HelpDesk@RWDI

Many thanks. The drag and drop works, and the user is happy. Who could ask for more.

flyersix

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back