Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can you advise me router model which can receive any ip from external network and create own local n

Status
Not open for further replies.

Karl_vvk

Programmer
May 8, 2023
ES
It is crucial for me to have a static ip addresses on the list of my devices. I travel a lot with work and sometimes hotels/apartments could not provide me access to their routers to reserve IP addresses for my devices. So i decided to buy a router that can receive any IP address provided by DHCP from an external network, then reserves a list of static IP addresses for my devices and provides internet for these devices.

Again, I don't have any access to the external router. I can only enter the login and password from the external WI-FI network that were provided by the hotel reception/apartment owner.

Example of shame you can find in the attachment. Required Network Shema (Please advise me router that can do the functionality of ROUTER "Y")
Screenshot_20230508_101422_vzwg9t.png

As I know, most of the routers do not have such functionality as receiving internet (INCOME from an external network) via WI-FI. Another part of the routers requires static IP for Router.

Can you advise me a router (ROUTER "Y" on the shama) that can resolve my issue and do this simple functionality? I will be very grateful if you could also provide details of the configuration)

I would like a router that justifies the price = quality parameter. I don't need super powerful hardware as I don't plan to build huge networks with it. Exclusively for own use and meet basic needs.

Thank you in advance!

https://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=73ad64fc-2dcc-4da4-9ec6-768a9c0dbf58&file=Network_shema.odg
Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back