Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can we write a sql script for a User

Status
Not open for further replies.

sri1808

Programmer
Nov 9, 2004
US
We have a request in Mstr once the user from a particular group in Mstr logins in it should run the script(like a trigger in oracle) there is a statement in the script i.e Set role all its a teradata database command each group will have different set roles so once the user from a particular group logins in mstr it should run the script accordingly. Is it possible to do it from Mstr.I think I cannot use security filter bcoz it will reflect in where clause but my requirement is its a independent command should run once the user login in.

Our Mstr version is 7.1.7

please help me.

Thanks,
Sri

If your users are from Web you can customize it so when this group of user log in they will ran a dummy report which has a report pre-SQL. The dummy report can be something like "select year_id from lookup_year". If your user are desktop based, you will have to ask them to run that report. Boy your version is a bit older than most.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back