Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can we unplug the CLAN cable from Callpilot server

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCU

Vendor
Mar 14, 2006
IN
Hi

I have a callpilot server running on win2003 server platform.
Would like to remove the CLAN cable from the server to avoid taking corp updates.
Can we unplug the CLAN cable from the callpilot?
will this impact the operation of Callpilot?
Or any other impact would cause?

Regards
Chandru

It will not cause any issues unless you are using it with Symposium/Contact Center. Otherwise you can unplug it. You will not be able to access it obviously over the CLAN if you do this. Plus your IT people should be able to exclude it on the pushes. However Server 2003 is no longer Microsoft supported anyway.

Thank you KCGLHRC.I will try the same.

regards
Chandru

I am planning to put the callpilot server under the firewall setup.
Any idea how to do that?

There are supported Antivirus for Call Pilot but I know nothing about Firewalls. But do not put any kind of firewall on the ELAN.

Yes,I am going to connect only in CLAN and not in ELAN.

You can do just about anything to the CLAN unless Symposium/Contact Center is involved. Most of my customers don't even have the CLAN connected. We try to have a PC in the switchroom with 2 NICS, one on the CLAN and one on the ELAN that way the customer can RDC into that machine and hit anything on the ELAN.

Thank you for your reply.In my site I dont have SCCS/Contact Center.We are going to implement firewall setup.And any recommendations for that we need to do from our Callpilot side?

I'm not a Firewall guy, but if you firewall the ELAN side I can just about guarantee you will have issues. If the ELAN is not on your corporate network no need to firewall anyway. Just put the ELAN's on a switch by themselves.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back