Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can we run JSP on Windows 2000 Server?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ovatvvon

Programmer
Feb 1, 2001
US
I know I can run ASP pages on our Win2k server. I would like to run jsp pages as well but don't want to purchase additional servers running unix or linux to run the jsp pages.

Is it possible to run jsp pages on IIS or on Windows 2000 with additional software added (much like you add chilisoft to apache to run .asp pages on it)?

Thanks in advance. -Ovatvvon :-Q

I have ran Macromedia JRUN on IIS for JSP or and Apache's Tomcat.

JRUN is about $1k and Tomcat is free.

Personally, I think Tomcat is great.

Tomcat it is then. :)

Thanks for the info!! -Ovatvvon :-Q

Jawa
Do you know the command to restart Tomcat remotely.

I would like to be able to restart tomcat on Windows 2000 server from my workstation without having to connect to the server directly?

Currently, I reset tomcat by connecting to the Win 2K server and type 'net start "Apache Tomcat 4.1" ' in Run.

Thanks

We run Apache Tomcat also and it works great. We have shortcuts on user machines to remotely restart the tomcat services. They use a command/tool found on the resource kit called sc.exe

Do some reading on that and see what you come up with. Hope this helps

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back