Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can we match the parameter in two diff. parameter lists at runtime

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iloveoracle

Programmer
Oct 2, 2006
US
Hi,

I designed one report with two parameter list.The report will take list of system_ids and list of part_ids .For example in my report I want to display multiple reports for
system_id=1171 & part_id=III
and system_id=441 & part_id=I
and system_id=15871 & part_id=I
and system_id=10061 & part_id=II

So I am passing with comma separated stirng ,like
&SYSTEM_ID_LIST=1171,441,15871,10061
&PART_ID_LIST=III,I,I,II
So now I need to display these report details as shown above.Is there any way to tell the report to match the corresponding system_ids with corresponding part_ids to display the reports in correct manner.

I am strucked with this issue.I really need your help as soon as possible.

Thanks
GP

I designed one report ,it displays all parts under perticular system_id.For example system 1171 is having 3 parts.
That means 1171 is the parent and 21851 with part I,21852 with partII and 21853 with partIII are the 3 children under parent 1171.
Similarly parent system_id 441 is having only one child 21789 with part I.So the number of children under parent is not same for all parent .
Now my report will take list of system_ids from the front end and displays all parts under corresponding parents.
For example If I send parent system_ids 1171,441
my report will display all details about the parent and 3 child under 1171 and parent and one child 21789 under 441.
Until this my report is working fine .Right now we can take list of parent system_ids . and part_id=all.
that means ,we are displaying all child under corresponding parent. .But if the user wants to see only perticular parts under corresponding parent ,
for example if the user wants to see only partI and partIII under parent 1171 and partI under parant 441,my report won't reach these requirements.
I know we cann't match values in two parameter lists ,if i use one more parameter list for part-ids.
So I changed my report ,now it will take only list of system_ids either parent or child ids.
In the data base we have one field called process_type_code ,wich tells us ,weather it is parent or child.From the front end ,
if we select process_type_code='PARENT' ,we will get list of parent system_ids, from that list we can select any number of parent system_ids.
Now we will pass these system_ids in the parameter list to the report,so it means we have to display all child under corresponiding parent.
If process_type_code='CHILD' means we are getting list of child system_ids in the parameter list.
So we have to display parent of each child details and only that child details,no need to show other child under the same
parent.For example if we get parameter list=21851,21853,21789 means we have to display 3 reports like:
1.details of 1171 and partI
2.details of 1171 and partIII
3.details of 441 and partI .
How to solve this problem,please anybody help me.

Thanks in advance
GP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back