Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can we copy sub-report from one report to another?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 11, 2006
US
Can we copy sub-report from one report to another? When i try to do that, it just pastes the last item that I copied and pasted. Or do I have to re-create it again?

Any way of exporting sub-report to another report?

I working with CR 8.5.

Thanks

Open the report with the subreport. Right click on the subreport you would like to "copy", select save subreport as and save the subreport.

Open the report you would like to "copy" the subreport to, from the menu select Insert then Subreport and select the subreport you have just saved.

You might need to change the links between the report and subreport. To do this right click on the subreport and select change subreport links.

Can I hijack this? I always want to copy subreports but then I was affraid if it saved outside of the Mail Report it is not as 'native' to the Mail Report and if it had been moved from directory where it had been saved it will brake main Report. So I am creating tons and tons of identical SUBs keeping them 'biological' kids to their real 'parents'. Am I wrong assuming this?

Thanks. I am able to do that. But I am facing the same problem as Ladyazh for I am not able to link it back to the new main report...Need to check this again.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back