Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can Vodavi DVX1 handle DID extensions and call forwarding to voicemail

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gabilini

Programmer
Nov 6, 2003
US
I was just handed a Vodavi DVX1 Infinte system. Currently set up with 9 CO lines and 15 extensions (all calls go to main console). Request is to reconfigure system and install DID lines, blocks of DID numbers. Does this system have the capability for DID functionality (even though additional parts may need to be bought)?
They also have to manually transfer callers into voicemail. Can calls be sent to extension/DID and then forward to their voicemail on a no answer/busy?
Please let me know if you need further information. System was installed in 1994.

I don't think that the DVX-1 has any DID trunks.

Mind like a Steel trap - Once used forever clamped shut.

JerryReeve
Communications Systems Int'l
com-sys.com

If you're desperate, MultiTech makes an interface box that allows connection of DID trunks via analog station or trunk ports. When interfaced via analog station, a call would act like an intercom call. When interfaced via analog trunk, the trunk needs to be able to collect digits (via DISA or auto attend) and transfer. May be a possibility. Good luck.
Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back