Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can Visual Basic...

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCelia

Programmer
Feb 27, 2002
CA
I need to write a program that can take a plain text file and turn it into a encyrpted adobe pdf and microsoft reader file. It will have to have its fonts changed, a table of contents added with all the sections automatically indexed, etc. So I would basically need a program that can, on a win 2k machine, take a text file, turn it into a rich text format (microsoft word file would probably be the way to go?) and then convert it to encrypted adobe pdf and microsoft reader formats. Can this be done with Visual Basic? Is there another programming language that would work better? Java or C++ maybe? Celia

It sounds like you already know how to write to encrypted pdf form, which I think is where all of your challenges lie. Input a text file in VB is very simple, just set the Filename of a Richtext Box, it reads in for you. Or you can write a few lines to put in a string variable:

Dim myText as string
Open "filename" for input as #1
Input #1, myText
Close #1

How are you planning to convert to indexed pdf file?

Jason

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back