Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can VB6 screen with OCX look like Sage 300 native screen with color theme and flat text box ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

vbdbcoder

Programmer
Nov 23, 2006
US
Hello,

I recently got a request from a client who would like to get our custom VB6 screen with OCX to look like Sage native screen, with the same color theme, flat text box, and modern look.

I can't find a property in the OCX itself to change the OCX look and feel to match the Sage 300 screen. The good old VB6 screen with OCX like OE1100 has the old style of Windows component.

Can this be done for Sage 300 version 2023 and 2024?

Much Appreciated!

Dim modernizer As AccpacContainerObject
Set modernizer = New AccpacContainerObject
modernizer.ModernizeVBForm Me

Sometimes you have to fiddle with a control's Load65Modernization property but the above does the bulk of the work.

Note that it won't do the window caption - they're doing some weird stuff there.

The other thing to consider is to do your customization using Extender.

Thank you so much, DjangMan! I used AccpacContainerObject per your instructions and it works. The customer is happy and I am very happy. And yes, I also notice the dropdown box on the OCX does not change and that is okay for what I need to accomplish. It doesn't hurt with 1 unchanged control.

I have done quite a lot Extender work. And I can migrate quite a bit OCX subclass VB6 app to Extender. However, some VB6 apps are having many additions and have UI heavily customized. Rewrite would be a big effort for some customers.

Appreciate your help. This is great!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back