Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

can users run reports without seeing the standard screen

Status
Not open for further replies.

smgs

MIS
Jul 8, 2002
US
After I complete reports for my clients, I want them to execute them directly without seeing the CR 8.5 screens and icons. They should just be able to see a list of reports, enter any parameters and select printer, screen, file, export to excel in a stored format and then just run. Can this be done

If you are asking if they can execute the reports without open the crystal report designer, the answer is yes.

If you have CR developer version, you can go download the report compiling and distribution expert and make compiled reports, which the user can then execute by double clicking on the icon of he .exe file for that report.

If you go not have the Developers version of CR, you will need to get a 3rd patry report viewing tool such as hammerlaunch. Software Training and Support for Macola, Crystal Reports and Goldmine
714-348-0964
dgilsdorf@mchsi.com

You can also use the crystal reports engine object library (CRPEAuto objects) to create reports based on a data definition file (.ttx). All data is feed through VB, so you have full control. You can control the printer and the number of copies and more.

The reports are accessible by the user, if they have Crystal, so they can be customized as needed. Adding logos, moving fields around, changing fonts, etc. All develpoment GUI work on the reports themselves is done through Crystal. After the .ttx file is created it acts like a database that you base your report on. Thanks and Good Luck!

zemp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back