Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can users issue xmemory post from CICS and keep CICS unauthorized?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mainbld

Programmer
Jan 26, 2006
US
CICS help. Can a user do a cross memory post from "cics" to another address space. I have code that runs from a cics exit and after some work is done, I want to post another task.

I am constantly running into APF auth issues, since it is apparent users cannot run authorized. I am not looking to create storage outside of cics or change modes; I am looking to post to another address space. I am able to access my cblk (where I retrieve my ecbkey, ascb, etc.) from csa. I receive 302 - x'4c' everytime. I have removed linkage=system and tried all sorts of things on my post call.
Thank you!
Appreciate any input.

forgot to mention. I run cics transaction server V23.

another minor clarification should anyone read this. I removed linkage=system on my post call and I do not blow up anymore. However, nothing happens on the other side. The errrtn label is not branched to. Any tid-bits are welcome here. I will still be hacking during the week. thanks

What type of CICS EXIT is it?

GLOBAL, TRUE, etc..?

Or are u brute force "ATTACHING" something under the confines of a 'transaction' ?

zSoftware

It's the cics-mq crossing exit. thanks

I am not familiar with the cics-mq crossing exit, for I
have not had the need (to-date) to deal with it.

I will look at it in my spare time.. any luck on your
end in interim ?

zSoftware

Admendment to Above..

I quickly re-aquainted myself.

I have not worked with MQSeries since late 2004, completed
an upgrade then from v2.1 to v5.3, including CICS and IMS
adapters.

Now, I have never had the need to use/write to the API-crossing exit, we had just used the standard and vanilla
version of the CICS adapter, without exit(s)..

Sorry..

zSoftware

I am confused. If you are using MQ to communicate you don't need to ATTACh anything. You simply use the MQ API's in the transaction. You don't need to be authorised for this...but you do need to have the MQ CICS bridge.

Unless I am misunderstanding your requirements.

If you are simply wanting to execute a transaction in another CICS region and have the result retruned to your original transaction you need to write a message from you orginating transaction in the correct format and drop it onto a queue that is defined as a brdieg queue to your target CICS region.

(I've got working what I need - please consider this issue closed).
I have a sophisticated collection mechanism built for what this company wants using the cics mq crossing exit. There is no ATTACHX used at all on this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back