Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can use Outlook Web Access but not Outlook 2000 on intranet

Status
Not open for further replies.

HerbAndEdnaWeinstein

Technical User
Apr 30, 2003
US
Hi, I just migrated my entire domain's worth of servers from Server 2000 to Server 2003, and from Exchange 2000 to Exchange 2003.

Users can send and receive email via Outlook Web Access, but users cannot connect to their mailboxes via Outlook, within the intranet.

Their computers can access the Web, of course, and their computer can see the mail server box on the intranet, which is named the exact same thing it was before the migration.

Any ideas where to start troubleshooting? Thanks in advance.

Herbie

Oh, one more thing:

On the client machines, I tried going to Control Panel->Mail to mess with the server name that the Outlook was pointing to. It returns the error "The name could not be resolved. The bookmark is not valid."

In this dialog, I tried entering both the server name and servername.domainname.org. no luck...

See if you can use the internal IP address, when setting up the Outlook client... In OWA, are you using the the internal server name?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back