Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can two Partner phones be plugged into the same jack?

Status
Not open for further replies.

OLVtelephoneman

Technical User
Jan 24, 2005
US
I would like to have two Partner phones in two different locations function logically as one. That is, I would like to be able to answer either phone, have both phones ring when the extension is dialed, etc. Can I just put an ordinary splitter on the line coming out of the Partner switch and plug the two phones into the splitter? Or is there a better way?

Thanks!

Not two multiline Partner phones.

One Partner phone and one Single-Line, or two Single-Lines is OK.

Loop the voice pair of one Partner extension to a vacant CO, and assign that CO to the 2nd Partner extension, with outgoing restriction.

OK. Maybe I can accomplish something similar with forwarding. I can program a forward button on each phone. But what would happen if ext. 15 is forwarded to ext. 20, and ext. 20 is forwarded to ext. 15? Does forwarding stop after one forward and go to voice mail?

Thanks!

Why not use call coverage??

F20 XX XX

This should work for you if you want both phones to ring when either ext is dialed.

Troy

"But what would happen if ext. 15 is forwarded to ext. 20, and ext. 20 is forwarded to ext. 15?"

You'll create perpetual motion and disappear into the vortex.

How about putting both extensions into calling group No. 2, and training the personell to call Extension "72" to reach those phones?

How about plug an analog phone into the AUX jack on the multiline phone? It could even be a cordless analog.

You do not always get what you pay for, but you never get what you do not pay for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back