Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

can this be done with the auto attendant?

Status
Not open for further replies.

moonraker169

IS-IT--Management
Jun 20, 2003
US
is it possible to setup an auto attendant so that an employee can call a support number that directs the call to a group of cell numbers, if one doesnt answer, then the other number is called. now for the tricky part. id like to set it up where once the call connects, the person being called is asked if theyd like to accept the call, if so press 1 if not hang up. if not, then the other numbers are called. i want to be able to do this so that the employee calling never gets the first cell phone user's voicemail.

let me know if i need to elaborate a bit more.

any help would be appreciated,
thanks.

It could be possible to do that handling the call until it's answered in a VM Pro module.

Would have to play around with it though to see.

First question, if the person does not want to take the call on the cell phone, why would they answer the call?

You can, if the systems trunks allow control of outgoing CLID, send CLID to specifiy the source of the call. If they do not want the call, do not answer, simple as that.

With that approach in mind, seems you could set up a hunt group linear, with users set to CFALL to the users cell phone numbers. It would ring the users one at a time, if not answered by the hunt group timer completing, it goes to the next user in the group. Set HG timer so it goes to the next HG user prior to the cell VM answering.

I haven't tried this for a while.

When I did (about 2 years ago!!!) it didn't work. Setup a group with callforwarded users in it. It would ring the first phone until the timer expired and then ring it again and again!!! This was when an external call arrived at the group. Funny thing was, if you called the group internally it works fine!!!

Let me know if this does work please.

Jamie Green

ACA:Implement - IP Office
ACS:Implement - IP Office

Fooball is not a matter of life and death-It is far more important!!!!

Make sure you have "allow analog trunk to trunk connect" ticked under lines. (if using analog lines) I had a similiar issue where it worked internal until I ticked this.

Think the issue is that you don't want the call to be answered by a cellphones voicemail.

if not wanting the cell phone VM to answer, set the timers to stop ringing before the cell VM answers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back