Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can the serial number of a Signal Server be determined electronically?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hunter462003

Technical User
Aug 7, 2008
US
I'm trying to document the serial numbers of my signal servers. Can this be done via CLI or Element Manager and if so, what Overlay do I use? Or do I need to visit each location and read it off the label? Thanks in advance.

Thanks for the reply. When I execute that coomand, I see Node ID, Hostname, ELAN IP, LDR, SRV, APPS,PBXLINK State,Date,Time and CONNECT ID. However, nothing that indicates a Serial Number. Is the CONNECT ID the Serial Number?

don't know what Rls you are on but must be different because it is clearly indicated on 5.5

Sets: [reg - 00384] [busy - 00004]
VTRK: [reg - 00024] [busy - 00000]
SIGNALLING SERVER CAPACITY (SSRC): 2048
Type: CPPM
Product Eng.Code: NTDW61BAE50003
Serial Number: NNTMG1xxxxxxx
Memory Size: 1024 MB
Disk Size 37 GB

Mato' Was'aka

Rls. 4.5 - DNS(JITC), CP PIV. Maybe I'm out of luck. We are probably going to Rls. 5.0(latest JITC tested/compliant) soon.

Ohhh, good old DoD site . . . . :) Nothing will ever be right there . . .

Ryan
Former SSgt USAF

Yep, Military installation. Does anyone know if Rls. 5.0 has the ability to capture the serial numbers electronically? Or does that start in Rls. 5.5? Our 5.0 upgrade will include CPPMs, 512 memory upgrade and some other minor tweaks. Is the 512MB upgrade the minimum for Rls. 5.0 or should I recommend upgrading to 1 Gig?

Thanks to all who responded, it's very much appreciated.

Yes you can with 5.0:

>ld 22
REQ iss

VERSION 4021
RELEASE 5

SIGNALLING SERVER CAPACITY (SSRC): 2048
Type: CPPM
Product Eng.Code: NTDW61BAEXXXXX
Serial Number: NNTMG19YXXXXXX
Memory Size: 1024 MB
Disk Size 37 GB

Status