Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can the output of one report be the parameter for another report?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffreygreen

Technical User
Feb 1, 2012
US
I had a random number of records concern last month where I needed 25 random Entry Numbers for the previous month. I also wanted several line level pieces of information from another 1 to many table. My IT gura could only do it for me if I didnt want the line level data, so now I get a spreadsheet, with 25 Entry Numbers (Random), but I need to use those as an input parameter to go back and get my line level detail.

Can I use the 25 row, single column, output of one report as the input parameter of another report?

Thanks

You cannot pass data from report to report they way you want. By using drillthrough methods it is possible to take a single dataitem value from one report to the other.

The better solution is to handle this within the metadata (framwork) model. The 25 random numbers should be made available within the model, either by writing them to a table or as output of a stored procedure. Then you can access them through a normal query from a report

Ties Blom

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back