Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

can the internal greeting be disabled for a mailbox

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trason

MIS
May 6, 2005
US
We have a few people that get confused by the internal vs external greetings. I always tell them to just use the external greeting and all callers will here that. But i still get call about this. so... can the internal greeting just be disabled somehow? maybe by mailbox type?

Which voice mail system do you have?

Add me to LinkedIN

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, CAN

CallPilot Manager version 05.01.02.05

Connected to CallPilot server, callpilot, release 05.01.01

It's actually pretty simple no matter which voice mail system....

Often site administrators will create a guide on a PDF or Word based on the actual guide, perhaps your company needs to do the same.

You could add something like this since the actual guide does not explain it:

External means people calling into the system/set from externally, such as a normal call from the outside world
Internal means people calling the set from internally, such as from another phone on the same system/building/branch
Temporary means just that, a temp greeting such as when you go on holidays, saves having to redo your other greetings.

An example:
You are doing a special project in this scenario and do not want to be disturbed if possible.
External - Hi this is Mr Tudball, I am currently out of office for the day returning tomorrow, please leave a message after the tone.
Internal - Hi this is Mr Tudball, I am in the office but working on the special project, please see me in Mrs Wiggins office if you have an urgent issue.

To disable it I do not know.
It is such a basic common feature I doubt it is possible but wait for somebody whom knows your version to reply.

Add me to LinkedIN

small-logo-sig.png

=----(((((((((()----=
Toronto, CAN

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back