Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can someone test for Mac compatibility for me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

silverspecv

Programmer
Oct 31, 2003
US
I've convinced my company of the benefit of supporting (or at least trying to support) all platforms, so we're testing firefox and opera on PC, but they won't buy me a Mac, and nobody here has one, so I'm stuck..

Would someone be so kind as to try my site in any Mac browsers that you have available and let me know if it works, in as much or as little detail as you like? Any noticable bugs backed up with screen shots would be well above and beyond and much appreciated

username: flashdemo
password: flashdemo (please don't change the password)

As for what the site is, we make IT training software, including CDROM and web deliver, all streaming video with real professional instructors. Up to now we have been windows only, and the cd's are still windows only, but I think the new web courses should work on a Mac as long as your browser supports the Flash 7 plugin.

The above account has access to 25 gigs of streaming video and over 11,000 practice questions covering 48 courses (we're not done converting, there will be a lot more soon)

The demo account is good for the rest of today and all of tomorrow if anybody cares to try it.

And just in case any of you are so blown away that you want to buy it, I can offer reduced 1-year pricing of $99 for one course, $250 for 3 courses, $400 for 7 courses, or $500 for the entire library, including any new courses we add during your subscription..

But I'd settle for some quick testers.. thanks guys

I can be reached at 888-942-1660, btw.. ask for Jason

I used Firefox on a mac running Panther and it was flawless. I tried several things and they all worked. Well Done!

It seemed to work in IE 5.1 on MacOS 9.1, but I am not sure what it was supposed to look like.

I tried to remain child-like, all I acheived was childish.

Thanks guys. The main web site is still somewhat pc oriented, but as you can see it's due for a redesign.. The training programs are the new part. We had to turn down business from a whole CHAIN of private schools a while back because of poor Mac compatibility, and let me tell you I was not happy about it. Thanks again!

Mac OS X 103.8 & Safari - works very well!

Kind Regards
Duncan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back