Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can someone tell me the role if ISET on an RLI?

Status
Not open for further replies.

hebgbz

Programmer
Apr 8, 2003
US
I build RLI's all the time and never really know what the ISET should be set to. Any rules of thumb or concerns to keep in mind?

Thanks in advance.

ISET should be a value at least greater than 0, really comes into play with expensive route warning tone.

I THOUGHT ISET HAD TO DO WITH WITH THE OTHER ALL ENTRES IN THE RLI AND HOW FAR DOWN YOU CAN LOOK AHEAD FOR A AVAILABLE ROUTE ie IF ENTRY 0 IS SAY TO T-1 AND ENTRY 1 IS TO A ROUTE OF COPPER TRUNKS AND YOU WANT TO BE ABLE TO LOOK AHEAD TO THAT NEXT ENTRY YOU WOULD SET ISET TO 2

BUT MAYBE I WAS JUST THINKING AGAIN
NORTIC

ISET is the number of entries included in the initial or Inexpensive Set for queuing. Any entries not included automatically become party of the ESET or expensive route set.

Tbrandes, what do you mean by # of entries for queueing? What are you supposed to set the parameter to?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back