Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can someone spy on my PBX ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dewy

Technical User
Aug 19, 2002
US
I have an option 61C and when I dial into my SEB, I feel like someone else is logged in and monitoring me? Is this possible? If so, how can I check to see if someone is logged into one of the TTY ports? or did the person do another Load command?

When you are logged in and have the > prompt, you can type the WHO command. That gives you information on the logged on users.

But remember that the system it self runs backgroud programs sometimes and that can cause overlay conflicts wich can feel like someone else is logged in on your system.

Another thing, to be able to log on your system, another person has to have access to your system.
Is there any modems connected to TTY ports etc??
Disconnect un-necessary modems and stuff.

You can also in LD 22 see the history file.
In the history file can you see who has logged on and what programs (LD:s) they have been into.
(REQ PRT, TYPE AHST)

You can check to see if someone else is logged into another tty port, log into the system and at the prompt > type "who" and return (>who), this will tell you what tty ports are active and what loads they may be on. Hope this helps.

nortelpbxman

Question is do you have multi log on turned on the the OVLY part of CFN. If so you can use the WHO command to see if anyone is mon you. If multi log on is off, then the WHO is mute. Someone can watch you on the local tty without you knowing it. Best to the multi on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back