Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can someone reccomend an open-source public licence sales software?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LaylaNahar

Programmer
Oct 25, 2006
US
Hi

I need to set up a sales software / CRM. I need something of zero cost and public license. I thought of using Sugar (I'm thinking there is a 0 cost version and that it is public license) but Sugar seems like it might be darn hard to deal with. I've checked the wikipedia page that compares CRMs, but my experience is quite limited. I'd really like to get some recommendations from people who have set up CRMs. I'd like something that is professional, b2b, open-source & web based. A good feature would be that it is something that I can modify or access so that it can share data with a different database. Hope my question makes sense, and thanks very much in advance for any information someone might be willing to share.

LN

Pretty much all ERP / CRM software is "darn hard to deal with." Goes with the complexity of the software.

Sniff around sourceforge.net and see if there are any projects going on with what you want. I'm not sure if freshmeat.net is still around because I haven't looked for a while, but that used to be similar. PHP (for me) is usually fairly easy to make adjustments to. I have a programming background, but have never done any formal programming in any current programming environments. I find I can read PHP, understand it, and find enough resources online to help me twiddle it to do what I want, but wouldn't be able to write it from scratch. A CRM program would probably have a lot to twiddle though!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back