Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can someone please explain the TGAR 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

steyler

Technical User
Jul 6, 2003
US
Can someone please explain the TGAR and it's relationship to TARG. I think that I understand the basics in that if they match the route can't be used. I need to know the relationship in different scenarios. For example, if a call comes in on a route which has a TARG of 1 and goes to a phone with a TGAR of 1 that is forward no answer to a number that uses a route with a TARG of 1 what will happen. Also, why doesn't an ISDN route have a TARG? Is TARG only a factor when using a trunk access codes? I have a situation where I have a DID that arrives on an ISDN trunk that gets translated in the IDC table to a valid DN on a 500 set. I have tried DCFWing the set to the offnet number and that did not work when calling the DID. I also tried FNAing the set and it did not work. It did however work when I called the extension internally.CFXA is allowed on the set. CFO is used in the CDB RDR_DATA. The originating trunks are ISDN and have a high enough NCOS. Which has higher priority, the route or the route member? Anybody have an idea. Thanks.

TARG/TGAR matches will deny ACOD access. It is also looked at if TGAR is set to YES in the ESN DATA BLOCK (LD 87).

Part of the problem is that the inbound TN has no TGAR. Not because it is PRI, but because it is a DID. The way the logic was explained to me is that the TGAR option in ESN is checked to see if the switch should look at this parameter for routing decisions, because a DID TN has NO TGAR, this process actually fails, and is assumed to be a block by the X11 Software. So the logic goes as follows:

Match TARG/TGAR
Match 'process' fails due a NULL value - A Match is assumed
Is TGAR on in ESN?
Blocked call......

They should really do Step 3 first in the software. Now to fix this you could reconfigure the inbound DID's as TIE lines and get away from this problem, BUT, you need to have someone go over the entire topology to ensure that this won't bring on additional problems.

--
Fletch

Thanks for your input. I'm not sure what effect changing the route from a DID to a tie will have on other things but I ll see if I can do it after hours. Thanks again.

Well, I tried changing the TGAR to no in LD 86 (TGAR NO)and it still doesn't work.

O.K. I turned off TGAR in ld 86 and that didn't work. Ulitmately I took a phantom and did a FTR DCFW to the outbound routh that I want to use. e.g. DCFW 16 7001XXXXXXXXXX 7001 being the ACOD of our route 1. That worked. I sitll don't know why it didn't work when I DCFW'd it to the actual number that I wanted to use. If anyone has any idea let me know. Thanks. Fletch. Where do you instruct?

It might also be that LD 15 OPT is CFO so the NCOS of the incoming trunk determines if the number the phone is forward to is allowed instead of the NCOS of the forwarding set. OPT CFF looks at the NCOS of the forwarding telephone instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back