Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can someone make a login script for me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhoenixDown

Programmer
Jul 2, 2001
CA
I would like someone to please make a login section for my perl script. The one I currently have is not that good and I need a better one.

Right now, my username and password file looks like this:

%admin_profile = (
"username" => "password",
);
1;

I would like this script to NOT use cookies, but it doesn't matter.

On my script right, now people can type in the full address (admin.cgi?action=somthing) and get access. I would like the script to redirect people to the admin.cgi file when they do that.

Also, for example; when someone types an invalid subroutine such as admin.cgi?action=asdffdsa they get an internal server error. I would like that to be fowared to admin.cgi or have an error message like That sub routine does not exist or somthing.

Thank you very much. ;-)

Also, how do I take the content submited from the login form without "parsing" it? :)

If I wanted JavaScript, don't you think I would have posted in the JavaScript forum? :)

Actually, there is no such thing as Free. But I would give you some ideas though. Since you're running with hash, why not make like a DBM files? I'm running a game site and currently using MLDBM. Game is not fully done and planning to move it to MySQL. If you're dealing with some easy login form, may be I could help you out. -Aaron

"Actually, there is no such thing as Free"

I didn't mention "free" in my posts.

I just need a simple login script made for me. And I would like it to be secure in such a way so that no one can type in a sub routine and get access (admin=action=somthing), and if they do, foward it to the main script.

That's all.. - Go there!

"I just need a simple login script made for me". Basically, the programmer should take time off and create one for you. Simply, it is Free. You also mentioned about making for you. Anyway, how many people are you gonna hold? If it's a small amount, i'll give it a try. -Aaron

Okay, I guess I was wrong, and it is free. I can't afford to pay perl programmers. Where I live they charge like $75/hour. :-(

Also, I'm sorry if my posts seemed rude. I have had a very bad day today.

Thank you very much, AaronGeorge. - Go there!

You have real nice site and basically you want the following right?

1| Create your own signups

2| Let the users login with their username/password.

I don't know if you're talking about the site but if you are since you have lot of visitors, I suggest creating either text files or DBM Files. And we could attach a login form from there.

-Aaron

I know this is off topic, but ArronGeorge said "Actually, there is no such thing as Free." I have to disagree. First, most everything in the opensource world is free. In fact, if you go to you can download about 200000 free open source projects.

For example, if you went to right now, you could download the lastest version of Linux for free. Granted, it would take a while, but its free.

Just wanted to add my 2 cents, cause there are such things that are free.

Thanks,
-Vic vic cherubini
krs-one@cnunited.com
====
Knows: Perl, HTML, JavScript, C/C++, PHP, Flash
====

I know there are millions of things are free but i'm just saying from my point of view. Yes, you're also right and thanks. Hey, even this Forum is free. :)

Hrm? You were just saying? I thought I was saying. Well, you are correct. -Aaron

I'm actually working on a script for one of my sites so that me and my friend from Massachusetts can work on the content from any remote site, so I am developing a script that in some way is just like what you're talking about. I do however add some extra security to it. I'm not using ssl because I can't get it to work on my system, but I'm using perl's build in cryptography functions to encode the username and login after they login. Essentially, my script lets you log in, and choose various actions to do. The password, login, and action are all hidden fields in the forms that the script returns to the client, and the login and password are passed back to the script whenever the client decides to do something. The action value is checked to see what the client wants them to do and then the username and password are checked for authentication and then it goes on it's way and passes the content back to the client based on their request. If they request an action that is invalid, then the script returns them to the login screen and tells them that they requested an invalid action and must re-login.
If you want something you can work from, I have a script that I found that I'm using as a helper while I build my own script. E-mail me and I'll send you the script I have that is opensource and essentially does the same thing as mine but the login and password aren't kept quite as secure as mine. The only difference is that mine uses cryptography and it is a database manager while the one that I found from somewhere else is a script that allows you to upload files to your website.

Steve Kiehl
webmaster@nanovox.com

Presently I'm just using a flat file for my data. I'm thinking of probably moving it into something like a perl hash file or something, but right now it's not going to slow down my performance much if I just use a flat file.
Steve Kiehl
webmaster@nanovox.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back