Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can someone help with this request PLEASE I unfortunately know Zip about ASM

Status
Not open for further replies.

bloaty

Technical User
Mar 30, 2006
GB
Hello All,
Not sure if someone can help with this little problem I have? I have been looking on the WWW. For some asm code that is able to undertake the following:

This is a small Dos7.1 problem that I am trying to overcome & due to one Dos website posting elsewhere states it can be achieved in approx five lines of asm code. The program is SET2VAR.EXE(or .COM) Now when I mean Set2Var what the program does is essentially this, say I have a (9X) batch file (could be) operating from different paths & possibly a different drive. Set2Var (would be run from the batch file) finds where the batch file is (Drive+Path preferably LFN format) or its current executing path & creates a variable say for arguments sake lets call it %CurPath% or %MyPath% which would be incredibly useful.
Your probably thinking why on earth would you find this useful well to clarify in Win XP CMD you can use "%~dp0" to find the path of the running batch file which is not available in Win9X Dos. However the icing on the cake would be the facility of firstly identifying the batch files LFN path & secondly placing that LFN path into a variable with Set2Var.exe/com.
My second question is if someone can help with the code how would you compile the code into a Dos usable program simply
If I am way off base here & my request is unreasonable can someone advise me Please?
Thanks in advance,
David

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back