Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can some1 answer my Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lesiba5

IS-IT--Management
Sep 19, 2003
ZA
I don't mind if is PHP and ASP, or Cold Fusion or what. what I want is my Form to send Email. I appreciate any code from any Language

What I want is my is my form to do the work, I don't know Server-Side Scripting.

I didn't ask you which languges I can learn or what. I am asking code for my form to be able to send Email when some1 I click Submit.

If you reply. Reply with the code if not don't reply this question because you are not giving me answer.

My Form is like this:

FirstName
LastName
DOB
Cell
Email
Course
Duration

I want code for this Formt to send Email

The experts on this form, one of which I am not, are absolutely brilliant and very willing to help. Which is why this form is one of the most valuable development tools anywhere, IMHO. Whether intentional or not, I suggest you repost your question without the attitude. Also, I doubt you provided sufficient detail for anyone to actually reply with code (however, I refer you to my first sentence).

There are people you can hire to develop code for you. It is my understanding that this forum is to help code developers, not to provide free development to non-coders.

I am relatively new to this list so I may well be corrected by one of the experts but it seems to me you are unlikely to get a reply at all the way you posted your question.

o.k, lets have a go at php:
<?
$subject=&quot;Subject here&quot;;
$to=&quot;to_id&quot;
$body=&quot;
$FirstName $LastName,
$DOB
$Cell
$Email
$Course
$Duration&quot;;
//Note i have assumed that all the values are set before itself.
mail($to,$subject,$body);
?>

Known is handfull, Unknown is worldfull

With that attitude, I don't think you will get too far. The reason why all of us asked what to use is because, for all the different software tools you plan to use all need a different set of congifuration. For example, if you want to use ColdFusion, you have to set up and configure coldfusion server on your machine as well some sort of webservers (IIS, Apache, JavaWebserver, etc....) and an SMTP server. Your first question doesn't explain anything what you are using, nor what kind of database you have in the back end. So before you get frustrated, it's wise and helpful to provide as much info as possible so you can have your question resolved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back