Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can some tell me where do I start to learn admin Option 61/81? 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

tailor2008

Technical User
Aug 12, 2008
CA
A poor Avaya guy with 15 years experience in admin is not thrown in the middle of admin Nortel 61/81c switches, thanks for the poor job market.

Can someone please send me some admin menu for dummies? I really appreciate it as this is my first post on this forum.

Thank you

For the most cryptic manuals you could ever ask for.. visit support.nortel.com and sign up for an account. This will give you access to the Nortel NTPs.

another point of contact would be global knowledge.. that is the old nortel training division.. they have some web training as well as classroom or on site training... they are not cheap...

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Have been through similar situation. 3 facility healthcare provider. All AT&TIS/Lucent/Avaya G1-G3. Techs (all 3 of us)had been working on Dimension400, 2000, Definity etc. since the early 80's. Company decides to replace with Nortel Meridian and include 3 more facilities that already had Meridian systems. 61/81C. Your biggest problem (or mine anyway) will be the terminology used by Nortel. Example:
Port/ELL=TN (Meridian)
Extension/Sta.=DN
Proc=LD (Load) to name just a few.
It was quite a change for the better after we all learned the new systems. I can honestly say, I would now have a hard time going back. You will do just fine.

For specific questions, use Google or search here for archive and FAQ results. If that doesn't work, post here. Many people will be happy to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back