Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CAN SOME ONE HELP ME CONFIG MY IIS

Status
Not open for further replies.

pimp69

MIS
Nov 15, 2003
US
I need help I am a noobie and I dont know how to use IIS to work with my web site. I set my dns already primary and secondary but i dont understand how to make the web site work can some one please help me with the setting up of a first web page through IIS?

Have you looked at all of the help files, and the extensive information available on the internet?

if you are using asp, verify that all users have RWXD to %systemroot%\system32\inetsrv directory.

If this is going to be a website that internet users can access you will need to register the domain and point the domain to your DNS servers..

Hope this helps.

My suggestion is to seek for and pay a professional to set up IIS. I did, after about 3 months of trying to setup my IIS, failing, formatting and reinstalling xp several times. There is NO simple help anywhere on the net for setting up IIS, it cost about $300 for a professional, but it was worth it, now I have my IIS setup and running perfectly, DO NOT think there's help out there, there isn't, I know, I tried, everybody sends links that don't help, or questions that have been tried already. I should have done it months ago, then I would have my web site up and ruuning sooner.

I have been setting up IIS for years, if you would like help please contact me @ clssr1@earthlink.net (evening) or during the day @
christopher.schneider@lyondell.com

To steup IIS there are some easy documenatsion at Microsfot site and use there help. Yes if you are doing it for the firts time it would take some time to figure it else
its kind of statight forward. I wont pay a lot to just to get sn IIS configured.
For a basic configuration of IIS max it 10 mins.
If you need any quick suggestions let me know, for free.
Thanks

Dr. Sql
vpathisseril@yahoo.com
Good Luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back