Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can Sidekick 95 cardfile be converted to Excel or other format?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pfbcramer

IS-IT--Management
Feb 9, 2010
CA
I have used SideKick 95 for the past 15 years on a variety of computes and operating systems. About a week or 10 days ago, SideKick quit working on every one of my computers. I have tried everything to get it to work but have had no luck. Reluctanly, and with sadness, I have decided to put Sidekick 95 to rest.

If there some way of converting a SideKick card file to a format that is readable in Excel or some other program? If someone knows the answer, please post the procedure. The SideKick card file I am using actually dates back to 1980 and has all contact info that I have accumulated over almost 30 years. Although I have plenty of backups of the file, I cannot seem to access the card file no matter what I do. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Dear pfbcramer,

Check out this FAQ page which redirects you to my website:

faq807-7090

Regards Jim
Check the FAQ area of this Forum for answers (If there are any FAQs!) , it could save you a lot of time and effort! Good Luck!

Hope you stayed with Sidekick. I have strayed into Foxpro and Excel using Sidekick files and I still do this for presentation and Office uses but I have Sidekick98 on XP Vista and 7 and would say it will survive all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back