Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can sent items be archived?

Status
Not open for further replies.

flyersix

MIS
Jun 14, 2001
US
One of the users at my company selected a group of sent items to archive. It did remove them from his Online view of Sent Items...but there is no Sent Items folder in the Archive view, and the messages aren't there.

We are running GroupWise 6.

Thanks for any advise available.

flyersix

I believe you can create a Sent Items folder under the Archive. We run GroupWise 5.5 and this is how we create the sent items under the Archive.....

1. Open the Archive View.
2. Go to Tools Menu | Find | Advanced Find | All Fields | Select Item Source | = | Sent | OK | Look In Tab | select your own database only | OK.
3. From find results window - File | Save As Folder | Name 'Sent Items'

Not sure if this is the same for GroupWise 6 or not. Let me know because we are going to GroupWise 6 this year and I'm sure there will be some people that need this feature.

david e
*end users are just like computers, some you can work with...others just need a simple reBOOTing to fix their problems.*

Thanks that did it. The screens are alittle different in 6, but I found the settings you referred.

Best of all "It works"

Thanks again

flyersix

Wasn't sure if the same would work for GroupWise 6. Glad to be of assistance for you.

david e
*end users are just like computers, some you can work with...others just need a simple reBOOTing to fix their problems.*

An easier way to do this is to go into the archive then click file new folder choose a find Results Folder then a Predefined Results folder and then choose sent items and viola all your sent mail is in the sent items folder this is also useful if users delete the sent items folder by mistake!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back