Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can run Goldmine 6.5 on network workstations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kinesis

MIS
Sep 22, 2005
US
I followed the newtwork installation for Goldmine 6.5. When I attempted to run Goldmine 6.5 from both of my worksattions I received the following error messages:

gmw6.exe - Bad Image
"The application or DLL UNC\kinesis\goldmine\setup\bdeshare\IDR2009.DLL is not a valid Windows image. Please check this against your installation diskette."

followed by:

Goldmine
"Goldmine cannot dynamically load functions from IDAPI32.DLL. Please re-install the Borland Database Engine (BDE). BDE Error: 8458"

Can anybody help me with this? I've uninstalled and re-installed Goldmine 6.5 several times to try to fix it, but it hasn't worked yet.

Thanks

You have learned the first lesson of employing GoldMine:

Don't use the directions.

I personally suspect that they measure blood alcohol content before they begin the writing effort and, if it too low, they are right there with a bottle of scotch and a straw.

GoldMine in a network environment is installed to the server, under the path c:\apps\goldmine, which you create. You place a share on the apps portion. You can substitute any letter drive with c:\

You then run all of the work stations on a short cut to the server application. Most would recommend a mapped drive, and I am one of them.

In SQL versions, you will need at least SQL Connectivity on the work stations

Hope this helps

The Wizard
Home of IW Extreme - the CRM that works on the Internet and in Windows at the same time

This is how I installed the program, prompting the error messages on the workstations. I think the worksattions aren't recognizing the BDE of the server.

In the registry, remove the Borland settings under Software, under Local Machine

In the gm.ini, add this line under the [GoldMine] header

bdeshare=\\kinesis\goldmine\setup\bdeshare\IDAPI32.DLL

Or whatever your valid path is

If you STILL get the error, then (on the server) rerun the gm67setup.exe (or whichever you used) and do a custom setup, installing ONLY the database engine

The Wizard
Home of IW Extreme - the CRM that works on the Internet and in Windows at the same time

When you say remove the Borland settings, do you want me to delete the Borland folder? Or should I delete the settings folder under database engine?

The whole borland folder in the registry... Unless, of course, you see DELPHI or some other Borland software represented there.. You shoudl see just DATABASE ENGINE and possibly BLW32. Both are safe to slash and burn.

Doug Castell
Castell Computers
(310)601-4738

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back