Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can RS do efficient web reporting? 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

smason99

Programmer
May 27, 2002
US
I have been looking for a reasonably priced web reporting engine. Does Reportsmith have an web interface?

Thanks,

Shawn

I don't think ReportSmith has web access yet but if they do it is brand spanking, version 1.0, just out of beta testing, full of bugs, NEW.

Crystal Reports has been doing web reporting for years.

I have been working with ReportSmith for a long time (I was a borland ReportSmith Field Eng.) and I would still use Crystal Reports for reporting with a web interface. CharlesCook.com
ADP - PeopleSoft - SAP
ReportSmith - Crystal Reports - SQR - Query - Access
Reporting - Interfaces - Data Mining

Thanks, Charles. But getting clients to spring for the $25,000/processor price is not happening. Except for large enterprise system, CR is out of most companies price range.

Thanks for the info,

Shawn

Reportsmith has a web based reporting tool. 4.2.2 ReportSmith Enterprise w/Web is the latest version. It been out for a couple of years.

Check out Ken Hamady in crystal about licensing. A crystal 8.5 license if about 400 pounds sterling and as long as you do not fully automate it that is the cost on the web

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back