Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can Ring Tones on 4406D phone be changed 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

onsetcomp

MIS
Jan 17, 2005
US
If there any way to change the ring pattern on the Avaya 4406D phones? The Avaya docs say no but I was hoping the docs are outdated and maybe a new version of software would offer help. We have the IPO 412 with v2.0 software.

Changing the selection in the Manager for any user doesn't change the actual ring pattern. With a room full of sales reps I need a way for them to know their ring compared to other sales reps.

Oops:

See below post from Morrack dated 10/27/04:

"Hey, I don't remember this being in the 2.1.24 release notes, thought it was supposed to be new in R3.

Just discovered that changing the ring types in a users telephony tab now works for users with 44xx phones. Cool, eh?

Peter"

Has anyone actually tested this to see if it works? I thought that the only digital phones that supported different ring tones were the 2400 series phones because they were stored on the phone. Does this mean that IPO is now sending ring tones to the phones. Doesn't sound right to me...

I know you can change the ring tones on the 4412D and 4424D phones. You do have to set the ring type in Manager though.

Just tried it with 4406D+ tels and 2.1.27 and you can change the ring tones

With 2.1.27, can the phone user change the ring tone with a shortcode or does it have to be done through the manager?

Installed 2.1(27) Thursday and the 4406D phones work great with the usable unique ring tones.

I've been changing the tone selection through the manager but is there a way to teach users to change them through a shortcode on the 4406D phone?

-Eric

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back