Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

can recieve mail but can only send some via smtp.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mviltan

Technical User
Mar 27, 2001
GB
I'm in the UK and have a BT Broadband conecction which is ADSL. Instead of using the BT Modem that came with it I'm using a Belkin F5D7630-4A ADSL wireless router. I have an email account with pipex. When I first got ADSL I found out that BT do not let you send via pipex for some reason. I had to change my smtp settings in outlook to use mail.btopenworld.com but my incoming address stays as pop.dial.pipex.com. I also have to pay £2 for the service!! That worked fine on the BT modem. Now i'm using the belkin it recieves mail fine but it sends to some addresses and not others! I rang belkin they told me to change the routers host name to mail.btopwenworld.com. I managed to send an email to an address @incepta-mi.com but cannot send to @springboardplc.com. I know the address works fine as i have received mail from them. What is the diffrence with the addresses?!

I'm stuck in a loop where bt tell me to ring belkin and vice versa!!!

I'll be greatful for any help!

Cheers

Mark

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back