Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can receive but not send using a dsl line

Status
Not open for further replies.

evonne

Technical User
Sep 6, 2002
GB
Hello all

Please can anybody help. We have a remote user who connects to our network via a dsl line. I have set him up as an exchange client and he collect his emails using a dsl line and being authenicated by our firewall via the Internet. The problem is that he can receive emails but not send. He receives a non delivery message stating due to network problems the exchange server could not be found. I have set the ip address of the exchange server in the hosts file. When he uses a dial-up or ISDN he can send and receive no problem. Does any one have any ideas?

Cheers

Try using the smtp server provided by your provider for the DSL line.

What method are you using to connect client to the server?
POP, IMAP, Exchange?

Hi, Im using Exchange to connect the client

Um.. What I meant was what protocol is the client using to connect to the server? If you genuinely mean you are using Exchnage CLIENT with EXCHANGE connectivity, this means you are using SMB and RPC's to talk to your Exchange server which really isn't a good way to connect.
Far better to use POP3 or IMAP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back