Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

CAN"T BOOT TO SAFE MODE TO FIX THIS ERROR

Status
Not open for further replies.

gomobile

MIS
May 2, 2002
US
I am getting this error after the pc was shutdown (by mistake)while doing a norton virus defintion download.

C000021 unhanded exception in session manager process terminated 0XC00000006 (0x77f7f5f5, 0x0015fad8)

If I can find a way to boot I gather I can fix the problem because something tells me its realted to Norton.

Note: I do not have the cd (XP_HOME) as it has been misplaced....

326246 - How to Replace Lost, Broken, or Missing Microsoft Software or Hardware

See if you can borrow an XP CD and load the Recovery Console. Get this loaded and Run ChkDsk /r to fix any errors on your drive. If you can't access a CD see the later articles.

HOW TO: Install and Use the Recovery Console for Windows XP (Q307654)

310994 - Obtaining Windows XP Setup Boot Disks

You will have some access if you can load the XP Recovery Console onto the machine.

You may have to download files from Microsoft to put onto Floppies to achieve this if you have no CD.

310994 - Obtaining Windows XP Setup Boot Disks

Once you have the Recovery Console loaded you may proceed with this fix for your original error message.

Can you supply the exact error message, there seems to be a digit missing from the C000021?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back