Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can qmail dedicate a queue to certain jobs

Status
Not open for further replies.

hganda

Technical User
Jul 1, 2003
US
Does qmail have a dedicated queue for outgoing and another for incoming or are they just in one big queue? If it is one big queue, does it mean that when i clean the queue/restart qmail, i will lose incoming mail? Can I create a queue dedicated for a user?

If an email goes into an outgoing queue already processed but not yet sent out, will i be able to stop/remove it from the queue? Qmail is still running with jobs to send.

filled with 1000 questions
HG

Qmail has two queues. The local delivery queue (for messages it has determined are destined for delivery to the local system) and the remove delivery queue (for messages it has determined are destined for delivery to foreign systems).

I do not know of a way to have qmail create a new queue, dedicated to a particular user.

It is possible to remove messages from either queue. One app to do this is qmHandle, which is written in perl. qmHandle is available at
Want the best answers? Ask the best questions: TANSTAAFL!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back