Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can PRI cabling cause Dead Air - Resolved 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

IronHorse2

IS-IT--Management
Apr 28, 2011
GB
With reference to an older thread # thread575-1382826

While looking on internet for exactly the same issue i was facing in my home lab, I stumbled on to the above old thread and does not appear to have got the answer. In fact I was suspecting the issue as the cabling issue ( reluctantly) as i was 100% confident on my configuration.
cable issue at the end. It was the configuration issue on my cisco ios gateway where i did not have the command network-clock-participate slot 1. Once this command is given on the ios gateway, the two-way audio started working.

Hence if you have similar issue where you see the call connects with out any problems BUT find dead air / no two audio on the call, then make sure to check the violations or errors on the controllers. if you see any, then it is most likely the clocking issue and hence check every configuration lines you need to get the clocking correct and ultimately have 0 errors/ violations.

Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back