Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

can ping, cant browse...

Status
Not open for further replies.

phrozt

IS-IT--Management
Jul 8, 2004
US
I've had this problem with two computers now... I can pin gout, but I cannot browse on a browser. Reset all settings to default and tried, but that did not work either. any clue?

What error does it give you for not opening? Have you deleted all cookies, histories and temporary internet files? Set your security setting to Medium.

If anyone calls and says "I know a little something about computers" just tell them to reformat it.

This is on winxp.

Message is that it cannot connect to server (I think). Thing is, I can't connect to anything on it.. virus updates, ad-aware updates. Also, I get a 169 in ipconfig, yet I am able to ping out to yahoo.com. I don't think it's something specifically browser related, because I can't connect to the net via any other program. It might be a TCP/IP issue or something I'm just not sure..

Are you on a network with a DHCP server? If so run a ipconfig/release and ipconfig /renew.

If anyone calls and says "I know a little something about computers" just tell them to reformat it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back