Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Can personal folders be shown in OWA 2003

Status
Not open for further replies.

jbead

IS-IT--Management
Jun 28, 2002
US
Hi: I have users with pst files that they want to be able view in OWA. At the moment we are on Exchange Enterprise 2000 and OWA 2000 but we are thinkin of upgrading. I am getting a more robust server to handle the large mailboxes and I will group 3 mailbox to each store so I can recover of offline defrag with out that much impact to other users. However I would like to know if in Exchange 2003/OWA 2003 (enterprise) can users see their pst files in OWA? Any work arounds if the word is no.

Also if anyone can name off benefits of upgrading to 2003 exchange that would be helpful as well. Thanks

JBead

no you cannot access pst files using OWA.

having 3 mailboxes per store is daft - don't do it. MS recommend (and they use this themselves) 3,000 users per store. The performance overhead for another store is big.

I'd recommend Exchange Enterprise, a big RAID array for the private and public stores, a mirror for the transaction logs and a mirror for the OS. Plus as much RAM as the Boss will sign for.

Depends on users though - are you seriously thinking of 3 users per store? That's not a lot of users in total.

What size private store do you have, how many users and what current hardware spec?

I ran 100 users in one site on a PII 400 with 384MB RAM for years on Exchange 5.5 back in the old days (feels old now).

<signature for rent>

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back