Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

can perl capture screen output from a 3270 session?

Status
Not open for further replies.

networkwoes

Technical User
Aug 17, 2001
US
Hi,

I have been asked to try and write a program that will log into a mainframe system and capture information about orders. This script will be on a LINUX box, and I believe that I can write the portion of the file that will log into the mainframe and pull up the order and display the information they are concerned about on the screen. However I do not know how to go about caputring that data into some sort of file that I can manipulate and place into a report for them. If anyone has any ideas on how to capture information from the screen of a 3270 session I would be very grateful for your suggestions!

Perl Newbie!

There is probably a perl library module that will do what you want. Partially it will depend on HOW you access the 3270 session: via telnet or some other protocol. Tracy Dryden
tracy@bydisn.com

Meddle not in the affairs of dragons,
For you are crunchy, and good with mustard. [dragon]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back